Thursday, October 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo

A couple of months ago, I came across a website called NaNoWriMo and I immediately liked the idea. How many times have you thought of some wacky story in your mind and told yourself, “This would be a great idea for a book!” Then, you tuned it all out and got back to what you were doing. I know I have! I’ve concocted some insane plots in my head, only to shut them all out because I told myself, “Who has the time to write it out? I have other things to do.”

Well, NaNoWriMo has a solution for all of us creative geniuses out there! The name stands for National Novel Writing Month and it’s a month dedicated to working on any crazy plot that we desire to pursue in the month of November. The goal is to write down 50,000 words, without worrying about the quality of your writing. It’s like when your high school English teacher made you do those journaling exercises in class and told you to write down whatever comes to your mind, without discriminating against any thoughts.

What’s the perk of doing this with the NaNoWriMo rather than on your own? Well, if you were going to do it on your own, you would have done it by now. You need some motivation to crunch out those 50K words and NaNoWriMo offers that. Plus, you can join a write-in where you live and make some new friends. If that wasn’t enough, winners can receive a free proof copy of your novel from CreateSpace. Isn’t that exciting?!

So, hurry up and sign up for NaNoWriMo because it starts in 3 days! You wouldn’t want to miss out on all the fun!

nanowrimo1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...