Saturday, May 19, 2012

A New Chapter

A new chapter has begun in my educational journey and from now on, you will be reading a lot about my time at this new graduate program. I am pursuing a Masters in Public Health (MPH) with a concentration in Global Health. Don’t ask me what I want to do with this degree! I say that not because I randomly picked a degree program to get myself busy, but because there is so much I want to do! I think this degree will open many doors for me, but it will not be the end of my educational journey. I will definitely pursue my studies beyond my MPH.

I moved into my dorm on April 2nd and am still adjusting to living on my own without family. My parents wanted to visualize the place so I made them a short video. I have edited it (mostly by cutting out the part where you can see me) so I can share it here. Please excuse the choppy editing.

*Lota= Urdu/Hindi term; I’ve had to deal with awkward stares during my bathroom visits. I take this ‘watering can’ with me so that I can clean myself with water once I have finished using the restroom. It’s a religious thing. As a public health student, I think I should start advocating for the use of the lota.

In case you are wondering, I wanted to show my parents that I have lots of space (more than I need). That’s the reason you had to go through the torture of looking through all those empty drawers and cabinets.

Here are videos of the study rooms on my floor:

Here is the gym on my floor:

I have used the gym at the dorm maybe twice because I prefer taking fitness classes at the main university gym.

Technorati Tags: ,,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...