Monday, September 14, 2009

Introducing Myself

"My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way." -Ernest Hemingway

I had this quote on a portfolio of my writings that I compiled in the 11th grade. Four years later, I understand what this means for me. I have often tried to find a more sophisticated way of expressing my feelings, thoughts, or ideas. In English classes, I would have a thesaurus at my side and whenever I used a word more than twice or thrice, or if a word sounded too mundane, I would open the book and find a more sophisticated word to say the same thing. However, sometimes I would get carried away and the final result was difficult for even myself to understand. Therefore, my aim in this blog is to present facts, ideas, and thoughts in the best and simplest way I can.

"Because simple is best and the best is the simplest." -Me

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...